My counselling approach blends together several modalities which have been influenced by my experiences throughout my nursing and nutrition work. Fundamentally, our work will centre around our relationship and the trust that will be built together. I do not take your trust for granted, nor do I attempt to rush the natural pace that that may require to build. A crucial pillar in my practice focuses on mindfulness and self-compassion. I have observed repeatedly throughout my career that the deeper and more sustainable work is most able to happen when we compassionately allow ourselves to venture into that void. To me, the therapist-client relationship embodies an “I’m OK, you’re OK”, side-by-side dynamic; I see my role more as a supportive guide, or alternative perspective, but throughout our work together you will always remain the expert on you.
I began my professional career as a Registered Nurse after graduating from Queen’s University with a Bachelor of Nursing Science in 2011. I quickly found interest in the mental health field and have remained in this general area for nearly all of my nursing career thus far. I have had a varied career working in acute hospital units, long-term residential settings, outpatient services and in private practice. I have extensive experience working in the fields of eating disorders, depression, anxiety and addictions.
Halfway through my career, I sought to expand my knowledge and deepen my professional capacity further. I became a Registered Holistic Nutritionist through the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, a designation that greatly broadened my practice and allowed me to adopt a more open and holistic approach. Seeking to expand my knowledge and capacity further, I then went on to complete my Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology through Yorkville University.
- Registered Clinical Counsellor, #18686
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
- M.A. Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University (2020)
- Registered Nurse
- BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- B.N.Sc, Queen’s University (2011)
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist
- Canadian School of Natural Nutrition Alumni Association (CSNNAA)
- Natural Nutrition diploma, CSNN (2016)
- Inpatient Adolescent Mental Health & Eating Disorders, Children’s Hospital, London, ON
- Looking Glass Residence, Vancouver
- Mental Health & Substance Use community services, Squamish & Whistler
- Carlile Concurrent Disorders Unit, HOpe Centre, Lion’s Gate Hospital, North Vancouver
- Chopra Treatment Centre, Squamish
- Foundry North Shore, North Vancouver
- EatWell Health Centre (remote), Toronto, ON